Magic is leaving, the world.
“The Elfs” is anoher stunning fashion editorial by my beloved friend Suzana Holtgrave for our -Fairy Tales Issue- . The Berlin based photographer Suzana proofed once again: She is a genius. “The Elfs” produced in 2011 / Berlin Staring: Blandina, Laura, Mike and Jonathan.
Elfen Lied by Eduard Mörike
- At night in the village the watchman cried “Elf!”
- A very small elf was asleep in the wood – just around the eleven!
- And he thinks that the nightingale must have called him by name from the valley, or Silpelit might have sent for him.
- So the elf rubs his eyes, comes out of his snail-shell house, and is like a drunken man, his nap was not finished;
- and he hobbles down, tip tap, through the hazel wood into the valley,
- slips right up to the wall; there sits the glow-worm, light on light.
- “What are those bright windows?
- There must be a wedding inside; the little people are sitting at the feast,
- and fooling around in the ballroom. So I’ll just take a peep in!”
- Shame! he hits his head on hard stone! Well, elf, had enough, have you?
- Cuckoo! Cuckoo!
- Staring: Blandina, Laura, Mike and Jonathan.
Photography / Concept / Styling / Hair & Make up by Suzana Holtgrave
- The Elfs is part of HONK! The Fairy Tales Issue www.issuu.com/kaltblut.magazine/docs/honk02.thefairytales